I was anxious because there are quiet a few changes with the move to the 2 year old class. It really is a "big boy" class. No more bibs or sippy cups. He goes to the cafeteria to have his lunch and snacks and sits in a regular chair. They don't wear bibs and he drinks from a regular cup with no lids. We have been working on drinking from a regular cup in preparation for the move but again, I thought we had 3 more weeks:) They also focus more on potty training and have regular scheduled potty breaks (which I am really excited about...we need all the help we can get with potty training!) They do more play with the older kids (3 and 4 year old classes), which Grant loves but of course that makes me nervous because Grant sometimes thinks he is older than he really is and trys to do things that he really can't do yet (particularly on the playground). I talked to his new teacher Mrs. Becca and she assured me that everything would be fine.
So the week went really well! I was super anxious all day Monday and Tuesday at work, but each day when I picked him up his teachers told me how well he had done that day and how well he was adjusting. There are a lot of kids in the class that he knows and they also do a lot more structured activities. They have a theme each day, which is really fun for Grant. On Monday, he got to take his favorite toy. Another day was dress like your favorite character day (he wore an Elmo shirt) and bring your favorite book. Friday was music day and he loves anything that has to do with music...singing, dancing and playing with instruments. He is a lot more dirty when I pick him, but I know that will improve once he adjusts more to all of the meal time changes:)
Grant seems to love his new class and the change has been much more difficult for me than for him...it's just so hard for me to believe how fast my baby is growing up!
Just a little dirty after my first day in my new class:)
Grant took Lightening McQueen as his favorite toy on his first day in his 2 year old class
No comments:
Post a Comment