Sunday, February 17, 2013

Remembering PawPaw

Grant and Hannah loved riding on the Gator with PawPaw and he loved taking them on rides around the farm. We want to make sure that they both always remember all of the fun times they had with PawPaw. Brandon had a great idea to get both of them a toy Gator along with framing a picture of each of them with PawPaw on the Gator as a way of remembering him. MiMi gave them their Gator and picture today. Grant was so excited and has been playing with it all afternoon. I'm not sure that they completely understand the significance, but I know they will one day. Grant still calls my mom's house, MiMi and PawPaw's. He will sometimes ask about PawPaw and where he is and I remind him that he is in heaven. I'm not sure that he completely understands. It's just so hard to know with his age.

After playing outside in the snow today, we watched videos of Grant and Hannah with PawPaw and they were both really excited to see themselves on TV with PawPaw. It is always a lot of fun to watch those videos, but also really difficult because it is such a reminder of how much things have changed. Regardless, we always want Grant and Hannah to have those memories and never ever forget how much PawPaw loved them. We all miss him so much.






No comments:

Post a Comment