Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cherishing the Memories

It was exactly 1 year ago today that our lives changed forever...I lost my Daddy and Grant and Colton lost their PawPaw. Grant was only 2 1/2 at the time and I was 6 months pregnant with Colton. I miss him so so much.

Today I am trying to focus on all of the memories of the good times and trying not to focus on the sadness. Grant and I talk about "PawPaw in heaven" and Grant mostly talks about riding the gator or remembering times at the lake or beach. We watch home movies and look at pictures and I will continue to do everything I can to keep his memory alive. I wish so much he was still here to make new memories, but I take comfort in knowing that he is now healed and watching over us from above. One thing that I have also learned is to take advantage of every single moment that you have with the ones you love and to never take even the simple things for granted.
Here are some of my favorite memories and pictures of Daddy in 2012.
February 2012- Grant loved riding on the gator with PawPaw
Easter 2012
Myrtle Beach Trip in June. We all had such an amazing time!

Father's Day 2012 at Lake James
Mary Ellen and Adam's Wedding in October
I love you and miss you so much Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment