Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Am I seriously suppose to leave this sweet face?

That is the question I have been asking myself all week. Today is my last day before I have to enter the working world again:( I really can't believe it has already been 12 weeks! Colton has really grown so much and is developing the cutest little personality. He smiles, laughs and "talks" to me all of the time now when I smile and talk to him. I have really enjoyed all of my bonding time with Colton this summer and all of the special activities that we have been able to do with Grant.

It definitely isn't any easier to go back to work the second time even though I know Colton will be just fine. I mean I even have some proof this time...everything has worked out fine with Grant! I worry about missing out on things and figuring out a routine for taking care of 2 kids with 2 working parents, but I know people do it everyday including our own parents so I know it is possible. We are so fortunate to have the help of our families, which definitely helps in making it all possible! MaMaw is coming to stay with Colton for the rest of this week and then he will start daycare on Monday. I know he is going to have a great time here with MaMaw just like Grant does and ultimately I know he will be fine at daycare. He's going to love watching the other kids and he will be the youngest baby there for now so I know he will get lots of love and attention. Colton is a pretty easy going baby and is very kissable, loveable and hugable!

Brandon and I have had to switch our work hours around because of Brandon's new position at work so I will be dropping off and he will be picking up. I know Monday morning will probably have lots of tears for me and is going to be much more difficult for me than Colton. Grant is so excited that Colton will be going to his school and it does make me happy that Colton will see a familiar face. Colton has also been visiting daycare everyday since he was 1 week old when we pick up Grant so everyone there has been watching him grow each day! I know in no time, he will get used to everyone and will love it there just like Grant does.

Colton and I have spent this last week with lots of quality time together. We went to visit MiMi and GiGi on Monday and have just been hanging out at home together and playing for the past 2 days. Grant has gone to school and has done lots of fun activities so far this week including gymnastics class (where he learned to do a handstand using the wall to prop up his legs!), bible stories, craft day and he got to take a favorite outside toy to play with today. He took his scooter and was very excited about that. We've had lots of fun playing together and going on walks as a family in the afternoon and evenings this week so it has been a great last few days of freedom before I have to go back to work.
My sweet baby


A few iPhone pics...

Learning new tricks

 Mommy loves you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment