Friday, April 29, 2011

Events of the Week

So we have had a pretty busy week.  Brandon worked in Raleigh for part of the week, so Grant and I were on our own.  Grant really does miss his Dad when he is gone and gets so excited when he comes home (and so does Mom)!

Grant didn't sleep very good last weekend so I took him to the doctor on Monday afternoon because I thought he may have an ear infection.  Luckily, he did not and his doctor thought his not sleeping well and fussiness was related to teething.  He has started feeling better as the week has gone on, but I know teething difficulties are something we are probably going to have to deal with for a while.  BTW...he weighed 24 lbs 2 ozs at the doctor!  He was fully clothed, but I couldn't believe he already weighs that much...he is such a growing boy!

Grant also got invited to his first birthday party from a daycare friend.  One of his friends, Tucker, is turning 2 :)

Some of Grant's new favorite things that he has started loving to do in the past couple weeks are clapping, putting his hand over his mouth and making the "OhOhOh" Indian nose, and he has become totally obsessed with doors.  He constantly wants to open and close any door...bedroom doors, closet doors, cabinet doors, etc.  He is also getting better with standing without holding onto anything.

Some of Grant's new words that he has learned over the past few weeks are:
duck (and can sort of say quack)
hat
bobble for bottle
turkey
baby
"Shhhh"
"Weeeee"
mo for more
truck
no- he has started saying "no" a lot in the past few days
GiGi

Grant also ate his first real banana (that wasn't baby food) this week.  He loved it!  He really loves any kind of fruit.  Here are some pics from the occasion :)



No comments:

Post a Comment