Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Hannah turns 4 on Tuesday and she had her birthday party at a park in Morganton on Saturday. It was a little too hot for Colton so Brandon stayed home with him and Grant and I took a mom/son trip to Morganton for the party. Unfortunately, we had some major issues trying to get there! We hadn't been on Hwy 321 very long and suddenly traffic stopped, as in not moving at all! We sat there for about 30 mins and no cars moved. Grant had to pee and I was starting to freak out a little because I wasn't sure what was going on, we were going to be really late for the party and I hadn't had my usual morning coffee and needed caffeine bad! There just happened to be a police car a few cars back and people started getting out of their cars and walking around and some were talking to him. Everyone then started driving in the grass, the wrong way up the highway in order to cross over to the other side of 321. I saw a few cars safely do this and decided we would do it too. We finally got moving and we ended up having to go all the way through Cherryville to get to Morganton because of all of the traffic.  I still don't know what was causing all of the traffic, but I assumed it was a car accident that had all of the lanes blocked. It ended up taking us about 2 1/2 hours to make what should have been a 1 hour drive! We finally made it to the party...1 1/2 hours late.

Grant was actually great during the entire trip even though there was lots of drama trying to get to the party. He did have a great time once we finally got there and we went over to Kelli's so that he and Hannah could play more after the party. It was really hot, but the park was perfect for the party. They had a nice covered area for all the festivities, lots of playground equipment and a big water area for the kids. Luckily, the rain also held off until the party ended.  Hannah got lots of fun toys and the kids really had a great time. I can't believe how grown up Hannah has become!! She is such a loving and smart little girl and I am so proud that she is my niece. I love that Grant and Hannah have such a close relationship.

All of the kids had lots of fun playing at the playground and in the water.
 She had a Dora party and birthday cake.
 Yummy!

 Cute:)
 Hannah's favorite gift...a bike from MiMi and GiGi.
 Love this pic! They really do love each other so much!

Happy 4th Birthday Hannah! We Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment