Friday, July 19, 2013

Two Months!!

Colton turned 2 months old on Wednesday and he had his 2 month well check yesterday.  I know I am always saying this, but I can't believe he is already 2 months old...I feel like time goes by even more quickly with the second one! Colton weighed 12 lbs 7 ozs (50th percentile), was 23 inches long (50th percentile), and his head was 14.5 inches (50th percentile). He is a growing boy and right where he should be with his growth:)  His pediatrician said he was "perfect" and he is right on track with all of his developmental milestones. I can't say how blessed I feel to have two happy and healthy boys!

He was smiling and so happy during his well check right up until the dreaded shots! He had to get 3 and he absolutely screamed and I was fighting back tears the entire time:( He slept more and was a little more fussy yesterday after the shots, but has been back to his normal, happy self today.

A little info about Colton at 2 months:
  • He is eating 5 ounces 6-7 times a day and generally eats every 3 hours during the day. At night, he is typically going 7-8 hours between night time feedings!
  • He wears size 1 diapers and 0-3 months clothes.
  • He smiles all of the time now and seriously has one of the cutest smiles I have ever seen!
  • He is making more and more baby sounds. His favorite sound is "agoo."
  • He is getting even stronger with holding up his head.
  • He loves his pacifier and recently has started sucking on his hands more.
  • He loves looking at fans, lights and music and his play mat.
  • He has started being more interested in his brother and watching him do things.
I have loved spending so much one-on-one time with him for the past 2 months and I am so thankful that I have had this time just like I did with Grant. I really can't believe I have to go back to work in less than 3 weeks! We actually went to my work this week for a visit and it was great to see everyone and have everyone meet Colton. I know he is going to be in good hands at daycare and will have his big brother there to check on him during the day as well, but it is going to be just as difficult to leave him as it was when I had to leave Grant. Ultimately, I know it will all be fine, but that definitely doesn't make it any easier! I am going to take advantage of every moment of these last 3 weeks at home with Colton and also plan some fun activities with Grant!

Still learning to balance:)
 He loves looking at all of the bright colors and batting at the toys.

 Such a happy baby!
 I can't get enough of this smile and laugh!
 So adorable:)


No comments:

Post a Comment