So I am 38 weeks now and we are all awaiting the arrival of baby boy Martin #2! He still doesn't have a definite first name, although we have 3 top choices. I'm not sure if we will decide before he is born or wait until we meet him.
I was induced at 38 weeks with Grant because of developing preeclampsia so I don't know what it's like to go the full 40 weeks, but am learning really quickly. I have had a pretty tough past couple of weeks. I've started having a lot of back pain and was out of work some last week. I am working 1/2 days now and hope to make it through next week working 4-6 hours each day. I am still swelling, but my blood pressure has been good and everything has checked out as right on track with each of my doctor's visits. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday and am hoping they will possibly induce me next week. Although I really wouldn't mind having the experience of my water breaking and all of the excitement of actually going into labor rather than being induced. We are planning on having Grant's birthday party this weekend and having a party for him at school on his actual birthday, May 14, with all of his school friends. We aren't doing a big party this year just in case plans need to change at the last minute. I would like to make it through those two things and then will really be ready for the arrival of the new little one!
We have most things ready here at the house and Grant is super excited. I'm not sure that he understands exactly what it means to have a baby brother (who he will have to share all of the attention with) or that he is not going to instantly be able to play with him. He has been around a lot of babies at school so I think he understands as much as he can. He seems really excited to help us out with his "baby brover" as much as he can.
I keep thinking that I am so ready for him to be here because I am so uncomfortable, but then I remind myself that this is probably the last time I will feel a tiny person growing and kicking inside of me so maybe I shouldn't rush it too much. I was so worried for most of my pregnancy about something happening and having to deliver early that I think I had myself convinced there was no way I was going full term. Well, here I am heading into my 39th week. I also haven't been sleeping the greatest. I wake up and just can't go back to sleep, but maybe that is helping me prepare for the sleepless nights ahead. I am also a little anxious about the actual labor process, but everyone tells me the second is easier than the first so I am counting on that!
I really can't wait to meet him. I keep wondering if he will look exactly like Grant (who looks pretty much exactly like Brandon) and I think he probably will. We will know soon enough:) I really am just hoping and praying for a healthy, happy baby. In the meantime, I am going to be as patient as I can be, try to limit my complaining, be so thankful for everything Brandon and our families have been doing, be thankful for the flexibility I have with my work schedule and how awesome everyone at work has been and be grateful for all of the one-on-one time I have with Grant. I know our family is about to be in for a huge change, which makes me anxious but also very excited!
TWO
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment