Thursday, May 23, 2013

Our Little Guy is Born

I have always called Grant "my little man" and I have found myself calling Colton "our little guy."

Colton David Martin was born on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 2:13 pm. We arrived at the hospital at 7:30 and they started the pitocin at 9:15 for the induction. Everything progressed pretty quickly from then and he was born less than 5 hours later. I dilated rather quickly and started having contractions that were painful and relatively close together when I was 5 cm dilated. They started my epidural and there were a few issues with it. It hurt when I was getting it and then it didn't take on my left side. They made some adjustments and increased the medicine, which completely took away all of the pain but also all of my movement and feeling on my right side. I only had to push 3 times and he was born. We were all shocked at how quickly everything happened! I pushed for an 1 hour and 20 mins with Grant so this labor process was much easier.

Colton and I spent a lot skin to skin time together immediately after he was born, which was great for bonding. Brandon and my mom were with me in the delivery room and were a great support. Brandon only almost passed out once (when I was getting the epidural). Hospitals aren't his favorite. It did take almost 6 hours after Colton was born for the epidural to completely wear off, but at least I didn't have any pain during the delivery.  Overall, the labor and delivery process went pretty well and it was definitely nice that it was so quick and with minimal pain.

Colton was named after my dad. His middle name was David as well. Daddy also liked the name Colt and had mentioned it to us as a name he really liked when we were coming up with names for Grant. I think he would have loved the name Colton David and I know he has was looking down with a huge smile on his face when Colton was born. I would give anything for him to be here to meet Colton, but I know he is watching over all of us and we will always make sure that Colton knows everything he can about his PawPaw.

Brandon and I couldn't be more proud and happy that we have another beautiful and healthy baby boy and we are so excited about our new family of 4.
One of Colton's first pictures
He weighed 8 lbs and was 19 1/2 inches long


Our sweet little guy

One of his first pictures with his momma
Proud daddy
First pic with MiMi

No comments:

Post a Comment