Friday, May 24, 2013

Our Hospital Stay

Colton loved meeting all of his family for the first time and we had lots of visits from family and friends during our 2 days in the hospital. Our hospital stay went well and we were really happy with all of the doctors and nurses that we saw during our stay. We kept Colton in our room almost the entire time and I had lots of skin to skin and bonding time with him. I am also trying breastfeeding again, but am having to supplement with formula to make sure he gets everything he needs so that he continues to gain weight. Unfortunately I don't have a large enough milk supply to solely breastfeed, which was exactly what happened with Grant. Colton had lost down to 7 lbs 6 ozs on Sunday, but some weight loss is normal. Adjusting to breastfeeding and figuring out a good feeding and supplementing schedule (and the lack of sleep) were probably the biggest challenges during our hospital stay, but over all our hospital stay did go well.

Everything checked out great with Colton and myself and I am so thankful for that. Brandon and I were just extremely tired as we got back into the routine of having a newborn and as I adjusted to breastfeeding, but we have been hanging in there:)
First visits with MaMaw and PaPaw



Visiting with Aunt Mary Ellen
More quality brother time
Meeting Aunt Kelli, Uncle Heath and Hannah for the first time


Wide awake:)
Notice how tired Brandon and I look in these pics:)


Check out that smile

I love my boys with all my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment