Thursday, May 16, 2013

Baby Update

So I am excited to say that Baby Martin #2 should be arriving tomorrow, May 17th! I am going to be induced in the morning and have to be at the hospital at 7:30. I went to the doctor yesterday and am 3 cm dilated, 70% effaced and he has dropped down. Since I am progressing along, been having ongoing back pain for 3 weeks and starting to swell more, my doctor was in agreement with inducing me. He is also predicting that the baby will be about 7 1/2 lbs. I am very excited...a little nervous and anxious of course, but excited!

Yesterday was my last day of work and I can't believe I am going to be off work for 3 months. Of course, I'm sure I will be doing plenty of work...just a different kind.

We have finally decided on a name and will be excited to share it with everyone tomorrow. Brandon and my mom will be with me tomorrow and Brandon's mom is going to keep Grant for the weekend. Hopefully everything will progress along quickly enough tomorrow so that Grant and the rest of the family will be able to meet his baby brother tomorrow afternoon/evening.

I am doing a few things around the house today, trying to do a little resting and relaxing and am going to pick up Grant early so we can spend some extra time together this afternoon.

I have felt him moving and kicking for so long that I have to say it will be strange and a little sad to not feel that any longer. I often wonder what he will look like and what type of personality will he have?  Will he be just like Grant was as a baby or completely opposite? I will know the answers to these questions soon enough!

Wish me luck tomorrow! I hope and pray for a speedy and pain free as possible labor and delivery and a healthy and happy baby boy!  I can't wait to meet him! The next time I update this blog, I should be a mom of 2:)

No comments:

Post a Comment