Friday, May 31, 2013

Graduation Time!

Grant had his school graduation ceremony last night. Every year they have a theme for the graduation and this year there was a sports theme. Grant was super excited about his baseball uniform and could hardly wait to wear it!

This was our first experience with seeing Grant up on stage performing and he did great! All of the kids were amazing and the ceremony was so cute! The 4 year old class wore cap and gowns because they were graduating preschool and will be going to "big school" next year. It was such a special celebration for everyone and the church sanctuary was packed. I cried through half of the ceremony...I was so proud of our little man and honestly can not believe how grown up he is already! MaMaw and PaPaw were able to come too and MiMi stayed home with Colton. We were able to video everything so that MiMi could also see it. Grant was so proud of himself and we couldn't be more proud of him. It was such a special night! I can't believe he will be going to kindergarten in 2 short years. I am in no way ready to think about that!
My two baseball players:)



Our first family pic since we left the hospital:)
It was a little difficult to get good pictures, but we did our best. The video is better. Grant's teacher is Ms. Becca who is standing in front of the podium and Ms. Linda is the Director and she is standing at the podium. We love all of the teachers at his school so much! Ms. Becca made a book of Grant's artwork from this year that we also got yesterday...so special!
They sang 3 different sports related songs and recited a prayer. They all did an amazing job!


Proud grandparents

Proud parents. I am so happy that we were able to spend this individualized time with Grant since there has been lots of focus on his baby brother for the past 2 weeks.


Grant really enjoyed his graduation celebration and is excited to be moving to the 3 year old class this summer. 
I feel so fortunate to have found a school that we are so happy about and that Grant enjoys so much. All of the teachers are so caring and devoted and Grant has learned so much. He loves playing with his friends, all of the outside time, music class, and the many art projects that they do. As difficult as it will be to go back to work in a few months, I am so thankful that I have such a great place to take both of my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment