Thursday, May 30, 2013

Two Week Updates

Brandon went back to work on Tuesday so Colton and I have had lots of one-on-one time this week and the week has gone really well. The days have actually been going by pretty quickly and mostly revolve around Colton's feeding schedule right now. He has been awake and alert more during the day this week. On Tuesday, he was doing a little tummy time and was starting to get a little fussy with it and then he actually rolled himself over to his back. I couldn't believe it and I'm sure he won't roll over like that again for a while, but I was pretty shocked when he did it. He is a strong little boy and can surprisingly pick his head up pretty well for his age.

He spent his first night in his crib on Wednesday night. It's funny that we didn't move Grant to the crib until he was 2 months old and Colton's isn't even 2 weeks yet and we felt comfortable moving him to the crib. We do have a movement monitor and a video monitor so that made me feel much more comfortable with transitioning him to the crib. He slept well and has been going 4 to 4 1/2 hours between feedings at night and staying asleep during that time, which I think is great for his age. We do keep him swaddled at night and I think that really has helped with his sleeping.

I took him to his 2 week well check today and everything checked out great. He gained weight and is up to 8 lbs 2 ounces so I was very happy to hear that. I am still breastfeeding, but am having to supplement about 2 ounces of formula with every feeding. I was so glad to hear that he was above his birth weight.

All in all, we have had a good week and I love that I am going to be home this summer to watch my little guy grow:)

Pea in a Pod
Yesterday evening he fell asleep in my arms after one of his feedings. When I looked down, this is what I saw and it really cracked me up. I guess life is really hard as a 2 week old:)
So peaceful

No comments:

Post a Comment