Monday, July 26, 2010

First Family Trip

This weekend we took our first family trip to Blowing Rock. We went for the weekend for Ian and Emily's wedding, some of our best friends. Brandon and all of his friends were groomsmen and we are all so happy for Ian and Emily! Grandma and Aunt Mary Ellen went with us to help take care of Grant and we were so grateful they came along!

It was a great weekend, although traveling with a baby is very different! It felt like it took us twice as long to do everything and you would not believe everything that we took with us. I'm still not sure how we got it all in my car. It was so great to see everyone and hang out with great friends! Grandma and Aunt Mary Ellen kept Grant at night while Brandon and I went to the rehearsal dinner and wedding. It was the first time that Brandon and I had been out without Grant since he has been born. It was nice to catch up and relax with friends, although I did check in throughout the night. The wedding was beautiful! It was outside overlooking a lake. Melonbelly, the same band that Brandon and I had at our wedding, played at the reception. That brought back fun memories!

Grant had a great time hanging out with everyone and slept through the night both nights. He was exhausted when we got back home on Sunday and slept the longest he has slept yet! We fed him at 9 and put him down at 10. He slept until 7 this morning! I was exhausted too so it was nice to have that much sleep :)

We took tons of pictures and I posted some of my favorites from the weekend.













No comments:

Post a Comment