Friday, July 30, 2010

Using my hands

As an occupational therapist, one of the things I do is to help people who have had illness or injury use their hands again to do their daily activities. I think that it is my backgroud as an OT that has caused me to become mildly obsessed with Grant's ability to use his hands and grasp objects. I am amazed by all of the activities he can already do with his hands! In the past couple of weeks, he has started to love to suck on his fingers and thumb. He has also started grasping the rings on his own on his play gym. He also loves to grab his bib, grab my shirt when I am feeding him and pull my hair when I have him on my shoulder. He grabs our fingers and rattles when they are placed in his hands. He keeps his hands open more now instead of clinched in a fist. I love looking at and holding his tiny little hands and can't wait to see what he will learn next!






No comments:

Post a Comment